Join host Matt Starnes for an insightful conversation with Cassie Brown, Chief Experience Officer and owner of TCG Events.
Cassie has a master’s degree in tourism and event management from The George Washington University, but her skill for drilling holes into tents to un-flood them is self-taught. Some might say Cassie has an aversion to the traditional Caribbean vacation; in the last several years, she’s vacationed in Thailand, Antarctica, Belize, Egypt, and Finland.
Cassie shares the story of the moment she realized she wanted to plan events for her career: at the tender age of eight. Learn how TCG Events differs from other businesses that seem to do the same thing.
As Cassie reminds us, event planning is one of the “top five most stressful professions and three of the other five have guns …”
Other great quotes from the conversation:
- Event planning is “like putting a puzzle together.”
- “Where do I go, what do I do? These aren’t the questions you want to hear your guests asking when they arrive at your event.”
- “Anybody can make it look pretty – we want to make it really painless for the guests.”
- “Does the activity match the objective of having the event in the first place?”
- “Sometimes it’s asking questions until it makes sense.”
Listen and learn from Cassie:
- The origin of their mascot Genevieve the giraffe
- How TCG came up with their unique about us section and job titles
- The importance of being certified, woman-owned company
- What led Cassie to transition from employee to company owner
- How Cassie uses social media
- The last book Cassie read
- If Cassie had a time machine, what advice would she give herself?
About TCG Events:
We bring more to the table than just a network of vendors. We bring collective, clever creativity backed by thoughtful, calculated logistics. Our event architects transform ordinary events into unmatched experiences.
Learn even more about Cassie Brown and TCG Events at https://tcgevents.com/.