The space-time continuum between sales and marketing is rapidly moving to extinction. Sales individuals must think like marketers (see John Jantsch’s new book – Duct Tape Selling), and marketers are engaging with prospects in what had traditionally been considered a sales activity. Brian Halligan, the CEO of HubSpot has repeated a number of time "The traditional sales process in broken. Instead of "always be closing," the next generation of sales teams will "always be helping."
Customers have changed their buying process dramatically. Marketers and sales teams have begun to adjust their approach. But the tools that teams use to effectively work together have not kept up (see this post we wrote a few months ago)... Until now.
Today, HubSpot just announced a completely new (and FREE) CRM module as an addition to their inbound marketing suite of tools. This, now expanded, suite, changes the game for the small business that understand that how the world of business development has fundamentally changed in the past five years. The expanded HubSpot recognizes and responds to the new business development reality.
HubSpot now helps your business:
- Create a well performing, great looking, website
- Publish your blog
- Optimize your site and content for SEO
- Track how your marketing is doing against your competitors
- Promote you content and listen to the conversation on social channels
- Stay in touch with your contact list through email
- Automate your marketing workflows
- Manage your prospects and customers for next tasks
- Convert prospects in to customers
- Cross sell and upsell your current customers.
All of this in one easy to use application.
HubSpot has been great at helping businesses get more from their marketing by making it easier – almost fun – to convert web visitors to leads. With the addition of CRM, the next step has been taken, no integration needed, to convert those leads to customers.
At Leading Results, we are excited by the additional features and capabilities because of the results that we expect our clients to see. Most of our clients are still using a point solution for contact management - sales management – sales forecasting. We see excel, SalesLogix, Sage CRM, SugarCRM, Outlook, and all manner of home-grown solutions. Regardless of what system, what they all have in common is that they are not integrated with the marketing database. For our clients using HubSpot, having an integrated solution will change the game for them.
- They will get immediate notification and assignment of new leads.
- All the prospect history – both that generated by prospect and generated by the seller (our client) is in a single view
- When a prospect comes back to the website or downloads additional information, the sales rep will see that immediately, and can respond.
We live in and run our business in a world with rapidly diminishing patience. Our prospective customers want answers immediately. Shortening the virtual distance between inquiry and follow up pays offs in less competition and quicker sales cycles.
If you’d like an overview of the new functionality or of the HubSpot solution in total, drop us a line at email@example.com, or to learn more, check out below: