So day one of Inbound 2014 is over (perhaps not for you brewmasters). By now a few things have happened, you have met some very cool people, you have been excited by the new possibilities of the CRM and you have had way too much coffee, and still feel exhausted and not sure how you will make it to and through inbound's wednesday sessions in one piece. Here are 5 tips to help you make it through tomorrow in one piece:
- GRAB A BREAKFAST BAR ON THE WAY IN! This morning as you walked through the doors, there were free bottled juices and protein bars. Grab 1 or 2! As you know by now sessions are physically far apart and require a lot of walking, there's hardly anytime to go out or even downstairs for snacks. Take a free bar, and avoid missing valuable info for a snack break.
- SEATING IS LIMITED BUT THERE ARE ALWAYS INDIVIDUAL SEATS SOMEWHERE - when you get to a session that is already filled, don't stand in the back (if the speaker hasn't started, of course) walk to the front and sides and see where there might be an empty seat. I have yet to find a room without a couple of empty seats and people standing in the back, oblivious to their availability.
- LUNCH IS CRAZY, PLAN AHEAD - though obviously you'd prefer lunch provided by hubspot if you cannot stand the line, DON'T. There are plenty of affordable stations with sandwiches and snacks at CLUB Inbound, these might be a little busy too, but if you can't afford to leave your session 5-10 minutes early it can be a quicker solution for a couple of bucks.
- NO MATTER HOW FUN TWEETING 50 TIMES A MINUTE IS, DON'T FORGET TO ENGAGE WITH PEOPLE - try to arrive at any given session with at least 5 minutes of spare time and talk to the people you sit next to. You will feel much more satisfied and recognizing those faces as you walk to other sessions makes you feel good! Stop looking at your phone for a second and say hello! (unless you're reading this post, in which case, you're excused)
- IF YOU MISS A SESSION DON'T DISPAIR USE TWITTER TO FIND WHAT YOU'RE LOOKING FOR - there is a tremendous amount of content at this conference and we all want to go to at least 2 sessions on any given time slot. But since quantum physicists have yet to figure tlhis out, looks like we're going to have to go the old fashion route and just trust other people. A lot of people are posting great summaries and notes about the sessions they attend. Look for these posts because often times they are a short version of everything you need to know.
- BONUS: KEEP CALM AND INBOUND ON! It's always exciting to be at the cutting edge and participants of a movement with as much promise as INBOUND are innovators that will impress you in their wealth of knowledge.