Quality content is an important part of getting and keeping your customers' interest, and you know that.
But does it seem like you never have time? Or that you have great content in your head but don't know where or when to release it?
It's time to build a marketing calendar. What your calendar should include, of course, depends on your business, but here are a few ideas:
- A content timeline.
- Christmas blogs in June? It could work, but you should plan for it.
- A designation of who will be in charge of finding or creating the content.
- Will it always be the same person, or will several people share the duty?
- A schedule of when the content will be published.
- Current best practices are to publish things consistently - every Tuesday at 2:00, for example.
- A list of places where the content will be published.
- On your blog? In an email? On social media?
If you aren't consistent with your content, it won't matter how amazing its quality is, so use a marketing calendar to organize and prioritize your content creation and distribution.