A marketing partnership is a mutually beneficial marketing relationship between you and another business; the right partnership helps each of you reach new customers and get new business.
As you look for a marketing partner:
- Ask, "Who has my next customer as their current customer?" (You'll need strong buyer personas.)
- Search for a partner who shares your values. (You'll need a clear core value statement.)
- Define a revenue goal. (What would access to 10% of a partner's customers mean to your bottom line? Is it worth it?)
Finding a marketing partner offers 3 simple benefits:
- It’s better. Your content will be stronger when you work with a partner who knows the audience as well as, if not better than, you.
- It’s faster. Your content will spread faster because of your access to your partner's customers.
- It’s cheaper. Sharing content with your partner's customers is much less expensive than advertising to get a broader audience.
For a partnership to work, both brands must benefit. Set goals together and keep the lines of communication open and you'll have a bona fide marketing partnership on your hands.