It's a little cheesy, we know, but we think you can compare your marketing to a Thanksgiving dinner.
Your website is your business's main event, so it’s the turkey. But since turkey is boring by itself, sides are necessary.
- Your website design is mashed potatoes because, done incorrectly, they're both unappetizing. "Smooth" is the best description of mashed potatoes and website user experiences.
- Many people pour gravy over their whole plate, which is why it’s your SEO strategy. SEO should be “poured” over your website, complementing it like gravy complements turkey.
- Stuffing/dressing is your content strategy because it’s prepared many ways (in the turkey, not in the turkey, etc.) just like your content should be (blogs, videos, podcasts, etc.)
- Cranberry sauce is advertising because even though not everyone likes it, no one can deny it adds flavor.
- The list of desserts and social media platforms is lengthy, so dessert is social media. Each platform serves a different buyer persona, so offer many options.
- After-dinner naps are the reviews – taking a nap after the meal is like giving the chef a 5-star rating.
Your dinner (marketing) shouldn’t be identical to others, but you need a strong strategy or your family (prospective customers) will go hungry.