You know we believe it's impossible to overstate the benefits of blogging, but we also realize our audience wants other types of content too.
And right now, internet users are voraciously consuming video – with no end in sight.
Research studies predict that 80% of web traffic will be video by 2019, and internet user surveys back that up: 45% of respondents admitted to watching 1+ hours of video on Facebook and YouTube each week, and usage statistics indicate that users watch 8 billion Facebook videos and 10 billion Snapchat videos per day.
That's A LOT of video.
Here are some other crazy statistics about video:*
- Social video generates 1,200% more shares than text and images combined.
- Homepage videos can increase conversions by 20% (or more), and landing page videos can increase conversions by 80% (or more).
- The average conversion rate for websites using video is 4.8% versus 2.9% for websites that don't use video.
- 60% of people agreed with the statement that they'd rather watch a video than read a newsletter.
- Every day, Americans watch 8,061 years of video on YouTube and 713 years of video on Facebook.
So, yes, you need to start making videos.
Don't worry, there's good news – if you stay tuned for next week's email, we'll give you some tips about producing and using videos of your own!
*Our stats came from here.