In marketing, nurture always wins.
Nurture marketing – sometimes known as lead nurturing – is the process of continually engaging a prospect with offers based on your unique value, and inviting them to respond for deeper engagement.
In general, only about 10% of your prospects are ready to make an immediate purchase. That leaves 90% of prospects who aren’t ready – at least for now.
Your goal is to keep your business at the top of their mind so that when they’re finally ready to make a purchase, they’ll come to you. That’s where nurture marketing comes in.
Consider these steps for successful nurture marketing:
- Offer content that builds trust and educates – newsletters, webinars, etc.
- Offer opportunities for engagement – workshops, contests, etc.
- Be consistent – engage a prospect, on average, once a month.
- Don’t be annoying – constantly bombarding them with content will lead to an “unsubscribe.”
- Don’t be boring – send a unique offer every month.
(Of course, different industries and different products may vary.)
Nurture marketing fills the gap between “I might be interested in your product” and “I’m ready to buy.” Hopefully, you’ve been nurturing these prospects so well that when they get to the “I’m ready to buy” stage, they consider no one but you.