Webinars revolutionized seminars, as that’s what they are – except you use video conferencing software and broadcast them online. This exponentially increases the number of possible attendees, allowing you to reach a far larger audience.
For a good turn out, try some of these tips:
- Choose a compelling title.
- Create a landing page so sign up is easy.
- Promote on social networks, emails, Google Ads, a newsletter, etc.
- Consider creating a short “trailer” of your webinar content. (Like for a movie.)
- Offer reminders – send out more than one email, social media post, etc. (Don’t be annoying with the promotion, either. There's a fine line.)
Once you have attendees and the webinar is imminent, try this example agenda:
- Problem statement
- Things to consider in the solution
- Presentation of your solution
- Demonstration (as appropriate)
- Summary of info presented
- Q&A and contact info
- To keep the attendees engaged, make your presentation aesthetically pleasing.
- Don’t try to cram 2 hours’ worth of information into an 1 hour webinar.
- Be entertaining.
- Create a recording to send to everyone who signed up, even if they didn’t attend.
- Put the webinar on your site so people can continue to access it.
Some attendees will be competitors keeping an eye on you, and some will be individuals who are interested in the topic but may not be looking to do business with you, but many attendees offer the possibility of new business.