We know that people have short attention spans and that you have approximately 7 seconds to grab their attention before they move on to another website.
A good headline is of utmost importance for grabbing attention, and headlines with numbers in them that lead to lists get the most reads.
Use numbered content lists for you because:
- The content is easy to put together
- They’re easy to share on social media
- They offer easy content extension (3 More Ways ...)
Use numbered content lists for your readers because:
- They’re easy to read
- They offer a specific promise – readers know what to expect before they even open the content
- The content is memorable
Before you start, remember this:
- Odd-numbered lists get more clicks
- “3” is more attention-grabbing than “three”
Ready to give it a try? Consider this formula:
- Odd number + adjective + mistakes/tips/insights/shortcuts + for/to + achieving/avoiding + desired outcome/disaster = headline
- 7 Easy Ways to Grill the Perfect Steak
Numbered lists are also a great way to build authority in your area of expertise. As long as you, for example, actually have 7 great tips for grilling steak, prospective clients will know you're knowledgeable and keep coming back for more.