The key to making sales is generating leads – but leads don’t grow on trees, so generating them isn’t easy.
In fact, you might be making some mistakes, like these:
- You don’t offer content for the entire buyer’s journey
- Prospects visit your site at different stages in the buyer’s journey, and you need offers for every stage.
- First-time visitors, for example, aren’t ready for a “Buy Now!” CTA, so you need less intimidating offers for them.
- You’re buying leads, not generating them organically
- The point of generating leads is to nurture them into customers; if you buy an email list, it’s likely that most recipients haven’t heard of you, don’t need your services, and/or are annoyed by your emails.
- Whatever the reason, you’re likely to get marked as spam.
- You treat all your site pages the same
- Look at your site’s traffic stats and you’ll see that some of your pages are way more popular than others. And if your “About Us” page, testimonials page, and one or two blog posts are the most visited pages, why would you treat them like every other page?
- The answer is, you shouldn’t – you should SEO the heck out of them, design special CTAs, and create a lead capturing offer.
If you’re making these mistakes, don’t worry – you’re not alone. AND you can check back next week to learn how to fix them!