Voice search is the NEXT. BIG. THING.
The first thing to know: SEO for voice search isn’t as straightforward as SEO for written content.
- Google Home uses Google
- Siri uses Bing
- Alexa uses Bing and Amazon data from your past shopping habits
So results vary widely across voice-search platforms.
But there are some basics. In voice searches, people are more likely to:
Ask full-out questions
- Use “how” and “why” as part of your SEO voice strategy
- Write FAQ pages – they’re jackpots for question searches
- Claim your Google My Business page – “near me” questions account for 1/3 of mobile searches
- Use keywords that emphasize your location
Really, the NEXT. BIG. THING never changes: businesses constantly evolving to offer a better customer experience. Part of that will be optimizing for voice search, yes – but don’t abandon other marketing methods.