It feels like nothing works well enough to make the impact you wanted – so you get caught up with the shiny new marketing objects hoping you’ll find the next big thing.
But the real problem is that you forgot (or skipped) 5 basics.
- Basic #1
- Your prospects don’t care how “cool” your product is or how many features it has – they care if it solves a problem.
- Basic #2
- You’re speaking a business language they don’t understand and don’t want to learn – you must use their words.
- Basic #3
- Words that had an impact 5 years ago no longer do – they were overused, overhyped, and are now meaningless.
- Basic #4
- Net promoter scores are worthless to the company. Customer satisfaction because of the customer experience is a real thing.
- Basic #5
- Your prospects don’t trust anything you say – we live in a post-truth moment that requires constant effort to counter.
So slowly step away from the shiny new toy and get back to the basics.